There are two things that really must occur to help with just about every problem. Your goal is to keep 1-2GB of available storage on your mobile device (see image below).
- Free up space by removing or deleting unneeded materials
- delete photos and video that are not necessary
- keep books in iBooks and Kindle apps in the cloud unless you are reading it currently (just click remove from device)
- delete apps that aren’t necessary for school (one or two games are sufficient)
- Back up work
- iCloud is typically where students back up their devices and it is built into the operating system (iOS). This isn’t bad but the 5GB they get for free will fill up quickly.
- It would be better to turn off the backup to iCloud of something like Notability and instead turn on the backup within the app directly to Google Drive where we all have an infinite amount of storage space for FREE.
- Turn off the backup of any app that is not essential.
- You can send individual files from apps such as Pages to Google Drive where we all have an infinite amount of storage space for FREE.
As always, please ask one of your teachers if you have any questions!